Hi again, Melissa here! I am guest posting on Anne’s wonderful blog again. This time, I am going
with a simple, pizza dough recipe. This is adapted from a recipe my friend Heather found our sophomore year in college in a Vogue magazine of all places! I made a few changes but it is still my favorite recipe after all these years. Making homemade dough is so easy and tastes 10x better than store bought crust. We make pizza almost every week in our house, just switch up the toppings!
Adapted from Vogue Magazine
Makes 1 large pizza
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast, white wine & water until yeast is dissolved. Let sit for 5 minutes, until the yeast activates (you’ll see bubbles start to form).
- Mix in the olive oil, honey & salt. Tip – if you add the olive oil first, the honey slides right out of the tablespoon!
- Mix 1 cup of flour into the liquid to form a paste.
- Add the other 2 cups and knead for 3-5 minutes, until the dough forms a ball.
- Set the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Grease a pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread the dough out with your hands.
- Add your choice toppings! This time around I sautéed spinach, onion, artichokes & garlic in a bit of oil. I topped pizza sauce with the veggies and added some cheese.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cheese melts and the crust is golden brown.